- This event has passed.
Facilitation Essentials: Strategies for Leading Meetings & Trainings with Confidence
March 12 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
Strategies for Leading Meetings & Trainings with Confidence
March 12th, 2019 9:30 am – 1 pm
Location: To be determined
Target Audience: Workshop & Community Meeting Facilitators
Description: Professionals and community leaders are increasingly being called upon to lead workshops for participants from diverse backgrounds. Designing and implementing dynamic and empowering workshops requires leaders to be equipped with effective training design and facilitation methods. This hands-on workshop will teach the principles of workshop instruction and will prepare participants with the strategies and resources necessary to create a learning environment that is safe, respectful, challenging, and engaging of multiple learner styles.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the essential traits of an effective facilitator and the elements of workshop design
- Identify different approaches for customizing workshops to community support standards
- Create a lesson plan using strategies and techniques from the lesson
- Know training methods that engage a variety of learning styles
- Build trust and rapport to create a classroom environment that is safe, enjoyable, and conductive to learning.
Facilitated By: Workforce Professionals Training Institute
Coffee and tea will be served upon arrival.
Note: Please be sure to arrive on time for the workshop. Anyone arriving 30 minutes after the start time of the workshop will not be allowed to attend the session, so please plan accordingly. Thank you for your interest and registration!